1. Arrival through Hong Kong International Airport
You can take Airport Express train, public buses, taxis or hotel coaches from Hong Kong International Airport to the city.
i. Airport Express
- It takes 24 minutes from airport to Hong Kong Station by using the Airport Express train. Trains depart at about 12-minute intervals daily with the last train scheduled to leave the airport at 12:45a.m.
- Costs: 15 USD/single trip or 26 USD/round trip.
- Ticket can be bought at Airport Express Customer Service Centre or can be bought online (Discount ticket at US$9.6/single trip can be bought online: https://www.klook.com/activity/71 ).
- Free shuttle buses to certain hotels from the City Airport Express Stations. The Shuttle Bus stops at many major hotels in Wan Chai / Causeway Bay and runs about every hour.
- Please enquire from your hotel. Taxis are also convenient from City Airport Express Stations to hotels.
ii. Public Buses – Cityflyer
- The bus stops of the Cityflyer routes are nearby many major hotels and also provide overnight bus services.
- The Cityflyer Airport Services to Hotel costs between US$5 to $7 per single journey.
- The Airport Bus Terminal is located near the right-hand ramp outside the Airport Arrivals Hall.
- Taxis offer a door to door service to and from Hong Kong International Airport.
- Arriving passengers can catch a taxi at the Taxi Station, located near the left-hand ramp outside the Airport Arrivals Hall.
- You can take the Urban Taxis (red) from airport to Wan Chai or Causeway Bay at a cost of approximately US$50 respectively per single journey.
- Approximate taxi fares from airport to different destinations can be checked online.
- Always request an official receipt showing the taxi license number and pay only the fare shown on the meter.
iv. Hotel Coaches
- If you are staying at a major hotel, the hotel coach will deliver you directly to your hotel.
- You can book a seat on a hotel coach by approaching the Commercial Services Counter in Arrivals Hall B, Terminal 1.
2. Arrival By Ferry
Hong Kong is linked to a number of ports in Macau and Mainland China by high-speed ferries servicing Hong Kong Island,
Kowloon and Hong Kong International Airport. For more information, check the ferry services.
3. Arrival from Mainland China
i. Express Rail Link (High Speed Rail)
- The new Express Rail trains arrive at the West Kowloon Station from Guangzhou South via Futian and Shenzhen.
- There are convenient connections from many Chinese cities on the High Speed Rail system.
- There are convenient connections to many Chinese cities on the High Speed Rail system. For more information, please click here.
ii. By MTR East Rail Line (To/From Shenzhen, China via Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau)
Coming from Shenzhen in Mainland China via the Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau checkpoints passengers can take a local MTR train into the city after passing through Hong Kong Immigration. Check the Train Trip Planner.
iii. By Intercity Passenger Services: Beijing / Shanghai / Guangdong Through Train
This service runs between Changping, Guangzhou East or Foshan of Mainland China and Hung Hom Station, Kowloon in Hong Kong SAR. For more information, please click here.