The “2019 World Rowing Coastal Championships Limited” (2019WRCC) is a limited company established by the Hong Kong, China Rowing Association to organize and present the 2019 World Rowing Coastal Championships in Hong Kong under the terms of the Event Agreement with the World Rowing Federation (FISA).
The Hong Kong, China Rowing Association (HKCRA) and 2019WRCC value and appreciate the essential contribution volunteers make to the 2019 World Rowing Coastal Championships (the Championships). To ensure that the Championships can be organised successfully and that all volunteers have a safe and enjoyable experience, the following guidelines are prepared.
Please read and understand the guidelines below, if you have any questions please contact the Organising Committee at the
contact address given below.
By agreeing to volunteer at the WRCC, all volunteers understand and accept the following conditions:
- 2019WRCC and/or HKCRA shall maintain on file the personal information of all volunteers relevant to their voluntary duties, which may be accessed by relevant staff members of 2019WRCC and/or HKCRA in the case of an emergency or for operational needs. This information will not be given to any other person or agency without the specific permission of the individual whose personal information is held.
- Persons authorised by 2019WRCC, HKCRA and FISA may take photographs, videos, and audio recordings of all persons participating in activities at the WRCC. All such photographs, videos and audio recordings shall be the property of 2019WRCC, HKCRA and FISA respectively and may be used for promotion or other purposes relating to the Championships.
- All volunteers are expected to represent the 2019WRCC and the Championships in a positive way. Complaints or dissatisfaction with any elements of the Championships or the work of individual volunteers should be immediately brought to the attention of 2019WRCC through the channels below so that appropriate actions can be taken on such elements.
- Volunteers are prohibited from taking illegal drugs, smoking or consuming alcohol whilst engaged in volunteer activities, or be under the influence of the same whilst engaged in volunteer activities.
- Volunteers are expected to work in a manner that is safe to themselves, other volunteers, staff, and members of the public.
- Volunteers are expected to actively promote and support a non-discriminatory and harassment-free work environment.
- Volunteers are expected at all times to treat competitors, other volunteers, spectators and staff with respect, courtesy and consideration. The behaviour and friendly attitude of volunteers will be an important factor in the good experience and memories of competitors and team members, particularly those many people visiting Hong Kong for the first time.
- Volunteers will be required to participate in essential orientation and training arranged by the 2019WRCC Volunteer Manager or Coordinators.
- Volunteers may be allocated to different positions for the Championships and are expected to work in all positions as rostered or required.
- Volunteers will work under the supervision of Team Leaders and should accept guidance and direction from the person to whom they are responsible in their role.
- Rowing is a team sport. All persons involved in the organisation of the Championships will be working as part of a team or teams. Volunteers are expected to work as part of a team.
- Volunteers will be required to sign on and sign off the Attendance Register at each volunteering session.
- Volunteers will be required to inform the Volunteer Manager or Coordinators as early as possible if they are unable to attend a rostered session. The success of the Championships depends on the volunteer teams and the ability of volunteers to be present on all scheduled occasions is important.
- Volunteers should inform the Volunteer Manager or Coordinators as early as possible if at any time they are not able to continue as a volunteer.
- Volunteers shall have no (and may not represent that they have any) power, right or authority to bind 2019WRCC, HKCRA or FISA or to assume or create any obligation or responsibility on their behalf or in their name, nor to expend money on their behalf, unless expressly advised by a duly authorised representative of 2019WRCC, HKCRA or FISA.
- HKCRA has public liability, professional indemnity and personal accident insurance that covers volunteers in all normal circumstances, however volunteers are advised that, in the event that they are responsible for any wrongful, unlawful or negligent act, they are required to indemnify 2019WRCC, HKCRA and FISA against any claims, damages, costs, losses, liabilities, and expenses arising out of or in connection with that act or omission.
If any Volunteers are not able or willing to accept and abide by the above guidelines, they should bring this to the attention of the Volunteer Manager or Coordinators who will discuss with you if you are suitable for this role.
Any questions on these Guidelines can be addressed to 2019WRCC and HKCRA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complaints and reports of dissatisfaction should be made immediately to the Volunteer Manager or Coordinators.